Sunday, November 1, 2009

Is it Monday, again?

I do a lot of dieting with my sister. Though there are four of us sisters, plus one in heaven, and a brother we conscripted into the family along the way, it is just the two of us with kids who seem to worry about our weight.  Not that we are the only ones who should be worried mind you.

I call us the wide-angle lens family.  Dad weighed on average about 400 pounds for most of his life. Mom was heavy, and the rest of us range from 75 to 150 pounds overweight.  Except the conscripted brother - I am convinced that genetics really do play some part in this struggle.  Having avoided the Powell genetic pool, my brother remains slim and healthy.  He also eats well and works out.  Go figure.

ANYWAY...my youngest sister and I tend to do a lot of our eating, and dieting, together.  And we are headed out on another foray into weight loss land tomorrow morning.  Weighins at our respective homes, solemn vows of healthy eating and exercizing, accompanied by encouraging phone calls along the way to ensue with the rising MONDAY sun. Yeehaw!

I have no readers at this point, not even family. I may never have readers.  But, if you somehow stumble across this blog you are now a part of my accountability entourage. Melissa is the first, but you are welcome to join too.

No comments:

Post a Comment